Thread: the first night
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
newyorkiepup
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default the first night

We picked up Cruiser last night at 6:00. I am so proud of him. He was so good for us. The car ride was just fine. He was just in his kennel. He kind of sniffed a round a bit but then he laid down and I thought he was going to fall asleep before we got home. He never made a sound. When we got home, he cruised around the living room checking things out. We let him outside numerous times to go potty. He hasn't gone in the house yet. Even though it was raining he kept wanting to go back outside so we kept taking him. We gave him a little bit of wet food as suggested by the breeder so that we were sure he was eating. He didn't eat it all but he nibbled at it and went back for a couple more bites a couple of times. He figured out where it is. He also had a few sips of water. When we went to bed at 11:00, we took him out first, then put him in his kennel and put the kennel by our bed. Then he started crying. He whined and barked but only for about 5 minutes then I said "ssshhhh" like Cesar Milan (from the Dog Whisperer) and he went silent. At 1:15 he whined a little so I figured he had to go out. I took him out. He went potty right away and I put him back into his kennel. He cried for a couple of minutes. Then I said "no" firmly and he went silent. He went back to sleep. I got him up at 6:15 and took him out again. He went potty right away. I put him back in his kennel and he's in there now. He must be sleeping again because he's not making a sound. My husband is still sleeping in the bedroom too. We put a stuffed elephant in there that is about the size he is. It's a really soft one. He seems to love it. Before we put him in his kennel last night he was sleeping in the living room, all snuggled up to it. I figured he's probably used to sleeping with other puppies and having someone to snuggle with so that might make him feel more comforted. It seems to have worked.
newyorkiepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!