View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
hviola
YT 1000 Club Member

The pen is a good idea. I bought a nice metal one from Petco for $60. You can even take panels off to make it smaller. I bought the pen to put outside while I work on my garden. I am outside at least 2-3 hours a day. (big garden, lol.) So this was a good investment for me since she is too young to tie out.
I have been crate training. For some reason, my puppy sleeps 5-6 hours at night before I have to take her out. I keep the crate in front of my bed where she can see me and I put a shirt I have worn inside it. It really seems to comfort her. She has only had 2 accidents in her crate since I got her a week ago. One good thing about the crate is the puppy really does not want to potty in it. Its a good way for them to learn to hold it.

As far as pee pads. I do not like them. My mom got a morkie and used pee pads. They became chew toys and now she is trying to untrain her on pee pads and shes going in the house more. Pee pads may be good though if she will be home a lot alone. Im a sub teacher so I have the summer off, so I can be with her all the time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!