View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
maddawg46
Yorkie Talker

Default Heart is aching-Had to put my Princess Down

I posted the first time early in the week. My Tilly was putting in a good fight against 2 severe bacterial in he kidneys. She spent a week in the hospital on a catheter with fluid pump. She was making progress and my vet took her home for the weekend to treat her. Saturday morning she was fine and then in the afternoon had 2 seizures. We all concluded that her blood sugar crashed because she was not eating except for a couple of forced syringes a day. Her BUN and other tests were looking good, so She came home to us on Monday. She was so happy that she barked with the other two at the dogs next door.I had to coth her in the morning and at night and she was home with us and things were going great. She ate a 1/4 can of food both days. Then while I was at work on Wednesday my wife called. Dilly started shaking and had bloody poop and vomiting bile. Then her left rear leg quit working. I rushed home (80 miles) and called my vet at home. She told me to bring her to her place. That was another 50 miles. I could not bare to see her suffer more, so my vet put her down in her house. She started crying and had to leave the room. My Princess Dilly had got to her and she became quite attached. I am heart broken and my vet was also. What a saint she is. Dilly was calm and not scared. I feel blessed that we dot to spend the last two days with her. I couldn't go to work today and my wife and I are exhausted. This was the toughest 10 days of my life.
maddawg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!