View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I am not sure if our Lola is pregnant.But the dogs did tie about 10-13 days of her heat.She does have symptoms but it could also be a ghost pregnancy. I have made an appt for the xray but that is in the 45th day or so. I know I can take her to get a palpitation done now but that will only confirm if she is pregnant but will not tell me how many puppies. So the vet told me to wait until the 6th week or so. They do not carry the blood pregnancy test and honestly I called several vet offices and most have no idea that a blood test exists!
The reason I ask is because I can clearly hear a faint constant beat right in the high abdomen area just under her ribs. Just to make sure I took my male and tested the stethoscope in is abdomen to make sure I wasnt hearing their own heartbeat in the abdomen area but did not hear anything at all for all the minutes that I searched. I am taking very ,very good care of her as she has been really lazy recently ,sleeping almost all day,she went through some vomit days this past week also.

Genie
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!