View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
upindust
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes loves Chewy View Post
I have a massive problem! Chewy is very well potty trained, he is 8 months old and we have him on a great schedule that works very well.

It has always been when my finance gets up at around 8:30 he feeds and takes him out. It has always been 8:30 sometimes a bit before, chewy has never had a problem with this...but the last 2 weeks he just whines and whines starting at 7am, then cody always gives in and takes him out because he is jumping on the side of the bed and barks....

well now he is starting at like 6am...and i flick him nose and call him bad dog and he usually stops for a few minuets, he is not aloud on the bed but then when he ends up hopping on the bed i grab him, call him a bad dog and then put him in the bathroom where he goes when he is being bad....

he then barks for the longest time, we dont let him out until he calms down a bit and stops... i just feel soooo mean!

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT BROUGHT THIS ON? AND HOW TO MAKE IT STOP?
Teddy was like that. I just put him in his pet carrier and left him there for awhile usually he would stop and at night I put him in it and prop it up so he can see me in the bed(he throws a fit if he can't see me).. he's gotten a lot better and now we don't put him in his pet carrier but we do rig up a system with his leash(to keep him off of the bed) and he sleeps in his bed now. But I agree do not respond to his whining or find a new way of punishment.. like with us teddy is afraid of his puppy cologne spray so we spray him with it and say bad dog NO. He's learned.
upindust is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!