View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
YorkieLovin
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufufashions View Post
Welcome to YT!! I would suggest that she is not too old for hypoglycemia so please make sure she eats and drinks all day long. If she gets lethargic, give her some sugar water or syrup or nutrastat if you got that from the breeder. How much does she weigh??
I would also suggest just going through all the threads on here and read up on everything that has already be posted. There is a ton of great information here on those topics you listed!
Good luck with your baby and i am glad she is ok after falling off the couch. Maybe you need to keep her on the floor!
I agree...My vet and some of the wonderful experts on here say that the little ones are never really 'too old' for hypoglycemia. My little Zeus is almost 3 years old and if he gets spooked or doesn't feel well...he will 'forget' or refuse to eat his food...so I make sure I keep an eye on his food intake and then supplement his diet with nutrical if I need to.

When he was a puppy we added sugar to his water and for a while gave him a little nutrical every day because he was so tiny and we didn't want to have any problems. Good luck
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!