View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

What a decision... I think it really comes down to you and what you feel you can handle. No one would blame you if you didn't bring home a puppy knowing it was sick — especially since you've just suffered a loss. Just because her father has not shown symptoms, doesn't mean that she will be so lucky. I've recently found out that BOTH my dogs are liver compromised — Ruthie is suspected to have a shunt, and Oscar MVD. They are both over 2 years old, so I thought I was 'in the clear'. Ruthie's symptoms appeared out of nowhere about a month ago. Oscar has never had any symptoms, his was picked up during routine bloodwork. I know that there are a lot of people on here whose dogs are living quality lives with MVD, but I think if it were me, I would want to start fresh with a healthy puppy. At least the money you save by not paying for her would help with any medical needs she may have down the road.

Why is your breeder breeding a male with MVD??? Doesn't sound very responsible… While it is nice that she is offering the puppy to you basically for free, that male should be removed from her breeding program IMO.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!