View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfromaurora View Post
I do not know what to do. I took him out into the yard without any leash and just let him explore. He was sniffing around quite a bit. At one point he would stop and sniff in one area for a while. We have rabbits around our house and since they are wild rabbits you never know if their feces might have something. So I became worried he came across some rabbit poop and then i tried picking him up. He was furious and tried biting me, I yelled said NO, and he was really trying to bit me. At this point I became a little worried and put him back down. He went on his way and every time I would call him he would ignore me , although in the house he is fine and listens. Basically outside , If you try to pick him up while in "explore mode" he gets so aggressive that I become hesitant to pick him up.

I do not know what to do

Please help
that is relatively normal. Yorkies are hunters of small animals so his instincts are kicking in. I strongly sugggest once all of his shots are up to date to go a puppy training. They learn "leave it" and "come" two of the most important commands that Layla knows.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!