View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
Oscar's Mummy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyAnn101 View Post
Has either of your puppies been put under anthesia? My Gizmo had a liver shunt, and he has symptoms from the start. One of which was almost not waking up after going under anthesia. His BAT results were well over 300. If it were my babies and they were not showing any symptoms but the vet is running all these tests with the puppies not related. I would get a second opinion before even thinking about surgery.
That's the thing — Oscar has been through FOUR surgeries in his life already with ZERO complications! One was for his neuter, the other 3 were on his leg for when he broke it - and one of those surgeries was only 3 months ago. I'm really hoping his results were a mistake and that some other factor caused his numbers to be elevated. I will definitely NOT be doing surgery on Oscar, and at this point, I'm even thinking no surgery for Ruthie either. She's doing so well with no symptoms right now - none for over a month now, and I just can't justify putting her through the trauma of surgery... or worse, risking her life.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!