Thread: Skin issues
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #13
RawfedYorkieLuv
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Let me start by saying, I appreciate your question and you are right to ask it! The problem with kibble is that it's a pellet formed of cooked and processed meat renderings and other ingredients that have no role in a carnivore's diet including potentially harmful preservatives. Chicken Meal does not equal real meat! Even if a bag of kibble boasts of many things that were meant to put a consumer's mind at ease, one has to really dig further to find the real story behind those claims. A domesticated dog has the same digestive tract and shares other physiological aspects with his ancestor the wolf and therefore cannot handle cooked foods in the long run. Dog thrives on raw meaty bones, organs and other things that a carnivore in the wild would eat! When you feed a food that is unnatural for an animal to eat, you are inviting problems (illnesses) not to mention oral disease. That's why we see so many pets in Vet's offices around the country with diseases dogs just didn't have 80 something years ago before kibble was invented by clever marketing people. I had switched my Toy to grain free kibble and I also home cooked. Removing all grains from a yeasty dog is the first step but unfortunately for us it didn't put much of a dent into my dog's betterment. His recovery only really started when I switched him to raw and stopped feeding any kind of supplements, veggies, fruit, etc. His entire system needed to "reboot" apparently and an appropriate diet has given his body the chance to heal itself. The diet, putting a stop to all pesticides and vaccinations has put my dog back to a natural state of being. Nature dictates how each species should eat and man made pellets are not it! If you click on the link for the prey model diet that I provided in an earlier response of mine, you will find out a lot more about it! That is if you're interested, of course, I don't want to impose on you by any means!
Believe me, I'm not some kind of nut job or new age hippie (no offense to new age hippies intended!). I was very sceptical at first and there were no other avenues left to try but raw feeding. I was going to have to put my dog down anyways, so I thought that I would give this a try and his positive response was so overwhelming that I still cry out of anger every time I think back on how I did everything wrong for his entire life because I was so terribly misinformed! Raw has saved my dog's life and I am not alone! Thousands of people around the world are feeding this way and most of them switched because their dog was sick with something that could not be resolved with anything else they've tried! If you're interested, there are many more links that I can post that will help you with your research on the subject!
I don't mean to pry but I thought I saw in your posted pics of your pup a deformed mouth? It's ok if you don't want to talk about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michmill View Post
Nadia, What about food that are supposed to be free of all that. I switched food because I had heard the yeast and grains good make him worse. I am feeding him aviderm, it is supposed to be high in avacado and meats, all natural, none of the gunky stuff. he has been on it several months now and it seems to be helping, how ever he still mucnhes the other dogs food so it may not be helping to much. I recently heard of caidae on these forums and thought of using it. I found a feed store that sales it in my area. Thanks
</IMG></IMG>
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!