View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

First of all, a dog wont starve themselves, they have self preservation instinct so don't worry!!

Of greater concern is possible low blood sugar/ hypoglycemia for a teeny puppy going too long between feedings.

Tripe, is the unbleached contents of a cow's stomach (blech, I know its gross!) is one of the best foods for dogs. Its often used to coax picky eaters or sick dogs into eating. I would recommend mixing canned tripe really well into the kibble, so she can't pick it out. It is meant for supplemental feeding, so you can not use it as the basis of the diet, but its amazing the way dogs love this.

I like the brand Tripett the best. Google Tripett and you'll find it. You can order it through their site.
Here is an article I wrote discussing the benefits of Tripe for more info.

Shiny Happy Coats, Eyes, & Tummies Too! | CupOFdog | Dog Site for Dog People

Have you considered a prepackaged raw diet? Nature's Variety and Primal are two great brands that make raw diets for dogs. Far more palletable and much healthier then kibble...And once you switch to something she eats on her own, make sure you train her out of free feeding!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!