View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 07:10 AM   #4
DrakesMom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi Melissa! I know EXACTLY what you're going through, regarding being thought of as "evil" by putting them in the crate! Trust me, though....it's one of the BEST options there is! My little Drake didn't like it at first but now he will just go in there on his own if he feels like it! And, by using the crate, it puts YOU in control of the potty training! Your little one will get used to it and remember....NEVER take them out when they're whining or crying, or they will just do it longer the next time because they will realize that's what gets them out of there!

Schatzie's Mom told me basically the same thing you said your pet store did....in the crate unless they're eating, playing or doing their business! She also told me that it may seem mean but to give it ONE week and I'd be surprised! I took her advise and did everything to a "tee" and Drake hasn't had any pee accidents on the floor in 4 days now! He will be playing around with my other dog and suddenly stop, look around and head directly to the pee pad and go! Now as for pooping, we're still working on that! I don't think he realizes that's supposed to go on the pad, too, but I tell you what....I'd much rather pick up a little "poo" than to have to clean up pee that has soaked into the carpet!

Anyway, sorry this is so long and good luck with it!

Karla
DrakesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!