View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #15
JaLaYorkieGirl
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lili View Post
My little Daisy is 4 months and 3 weeks old. I had her weighed today and she is 4lbs 8 ounces. I as well am not giving up on her weight yet! Her breeder says she comes from a slow steady growing line and may grow until she's 18 mos. old. But...boy is that a long time to wait!
I have a question for you? Your Hope looks like she'll be clearing slower than some? At what age do you expect her to fully clear/ break. My little Daisy is still pretty dark in the muzzle and head. I'm certain she is silk, but it looks like it may be quite a while before she clears fully. These are pictures of her and you can see her dark muzzle and top not area. At what age do the judges expect them to be clear?
I am excited that she will not clear right away, she is breaking blue on her body nicely but it is a very dark steel blue. I am not sure when she will clear, my guess is between 1-3 years old. Her mom is too light and was cleared young, and her sire cleared at 18 months old, and has great color. Your Daisy looks like she may clear around a year to 18 months. I think she is an excellent size and should easily make 5.5-6 lbs. She is a cutie, wishing you all the best with her.

As for the judges, some know that yorkies should clear older to keep better color as an adult...others have no clue. I would not show her to anyone who has DQ a dog for thumbprints or being too dark, there is a list on the other thread.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!