View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
rentfrog
YT Addict

Default how do you trim ears

I know this should probably go in the grooming section, but just trying to get ideas on what you all do with your babies ears. We are trying to let Preston grow out, and so far so good. He only seems to start getting matted close to bath time, and those are even little bitty ones. His hair doesn't seem to be growing very fast though. I keep his feet trimmed, and his belly shaved. We did have him trimmed once after we got him, and the woman shaved the bridge of his nose, which we hated, and we are still in the process of letting it grow back out. I also think she cut his muzzle hair a little like a schnauzer, and I just keep letting it grow because I am unsure exactly what to do with it. I am hoping it will eventually grow long enough that it does not have that look. I try to keep his ears trimmed up, but just don't seem to know where to stop on the outer side of the ear, and always end up trying to taper it, then I just get it all uneven looking, and it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?
I am attaching some pics from after I trimmed and bathed him today.

1) yorkie head tilt
2) someone looks a little sad about all the combing
3) schnauzer face
4) this one I think is funny because it makes him look so little ( and really he is a little dog in my eyes) but his is really a 13 lb teapot. HA HA.
Attached Thumbnails
how do you trim ears-head-tilt.jpg   how do you trim ears-sad-eyes.jpg   how do you trim ears-sittin-pretty.jpg   how do you trim ears-preston-sitting.jpg  

Last edited by rentfrog; 06-01-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: addition
rentfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!