View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
JaLaYorkieGirl
YT 1000 Club Member

I am still learning and learning everyday about coats. I agree that watching shows helps, getting ring experience really helps too! The yorkie coat is a complex thing, it seems that there is no sure fire breaking pattern. I do know that puppies who turn silver/white on their heads will be silky adults, I have not seen an exception to this rule yet. I do know that dogs that break later seem to have a heavier, darker blue coat.

I just received my YorkyClub magazine yesterday and the interview with Ava Tyree was great. In the article Ava explained that Chandler (#1 yorkie for 2006 and 2007) did not clear on his head until he was 3. I also found it interesting that he was also not shown until he was 3, but finished with 3 5-point majors in one weekend...but how could he not. Gorgeous yorkie! Coats like his are exceptional...I have seen it first hand and it is gorgeous.

I think there is so much to learn about coats and I am not convinced anyone knows it all when it comes to yorkie coat color and texture, but I do enjoy learning all I can about it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!