View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #13
HattonsMama
Yorkie Talker

Smile

Potty training is very frustrating, my baby, Hatton, is 4 and a half months old and is just now getting the hang of it. I live in a tiny studio apartment while I'm in school so I can keep an eye on him where ever he is, but for a while he would find somewhere to hide to go to the bathroom, just like a little kid that goes and sits in the corner to go in their diaper.
He really only has problems when I take him to my mom's house, it's so big he can go into a room and go when no one is watching him. The best thing that I've found is to her restrictions (only allowing her in rooms that you are in) so she can't go into another room and go potty.
Maybe if you have a long training leash to keep her close to you so if she starts to go into 'potty position' you can give her a gentle tug, and tell her firmly 'No! Potty outside.' and take her straight out and praise the heck out of her when she goes. It just takes getting into a rhythm for both of you, and just because she may not have an accident for a few weeks don't assume she is housebroke, she just has you trained to take her out when she needs to go. It will get better as her bladder grows! I have only ever had Labs, and they are a breeze to train... I wasn't expecting this to be so hard!

Good Luck, I'm right along with you in this one!!
HattonsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!