View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #1
yorkiemom1970
No Longer a Member

Default seeking advice from other breeders

hi everyone, hope you're all doing well tonight....i have a question. i've actually been trying to find a positive answer to for some time...now i am hoping to place it in the hands of experience and that is some of you. question: why do i get "leggy" pups in paticular litters when ggp's, gp's and parents are not of this type. (on both sides) i have books on genetics, i've read and read and read you guys. i've spoke to other breeders over the yrs. i have one paticular girl who i have bred with 2 different studs and i get the same thing each time. my bitch is not leggy. she is more "cobby". and i do not mean she is tiny or unuaslly small, she is 6lbs. i want to correct this fault in her pups...half of her pups are always nice in my opionion and that of other's who have cratiqued them. although, half of the pups are always so darned leggy and it makes for such an un-correct look, movement, ect. i've also noticed on the more leggy pups she has had that the hair is more thin on the legs only on those paticular pups. ok, now let me have it...give me straight up answers here. i'm ready...maybe i shouldnt be breeding her at all, maybe it's in the studs, i really do not know at this point and would like to get some input from some of you. i've been raising and loving these yorkies for 11 years in december of this yr. i am still learning something every day that goes by. i do feel that i have established my own knowledge but am always hungry for more. all comments will be regarded with the upmost respect and consideration on my part. thanks.
yorkiemom1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!