View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 04:32 AM   #14
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topknot View Post
Some of your better dogs do not clear completely till they are 2 years of age. I see this with your better golds. It takes awhile to clear completely. Also JMO - your better bone structure is usually found in your darker dogs. See photo of my Chelsea Nimar/Mayfair male I had from the 80's - what a topline and structure he had. He did not clear until he was about 2.5 years of age, but he did clear (on the head). If you look at the yorkies with the roach backs - most of the time they are your lighter dogs. This was more true in the past, but has improve over the years.

Problem is that some judges judge so many breeds and when they get something, like an added DQ for our breed - they go by it - their interputation. We now unfortunetly have to wait out the 5 years before we can change the DQ. I think we have all learned from this one!
T.
Here are better photos of him when he was about 12 months old. Great (example) photo of a thumprint too! Like I said he had a clear head at 2.5 years of age and produce a great litter! Here is a photo too - of one of his pups - she was only lacking in 1 single point to finish when I retired.
T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Foxfire802A.JPG (14.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Foxfire801.JPG (29.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg bambainchair_jpg_w180h230.jpg (9.4 KB, 13 views)
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!