View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #12
LittleMansMomma
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Yes, Little Man does this too. He also chews and bites around the base of his tail and sometimes his little booty. We thought it was fleas, but never seen any fleas. So, as a precaution I gave him a bath in Dawn Dish Deteregent and combed him with a flea comb. Nothing. Even took him to the vet and they expressed his glands. That seems to help for about an hour or two and his was back at it. The vet told me that if it persist to give benadryl. I did give him benadryl when he really started going to town chewing and biting his booty. Hubby and I talked about it and I told hubby that I don't want to do that cause he's drugged up after giving the benadryl and he don't act himself the next day. So, every now and then I will give him benadryl. It does seem to help a little bit. I feed him Nutro Natural Choice Puppy Small Bites. I'm thinking about switching his food, maybe seeing if that is the problem.

His new thing now that he does, is licking. He licks anything and everything he can before I catch him.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!