View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
nuts4yorkies
Yorkie Yakker

Default 2nd litter....one pup didn't make last two needed intervention.....

Hi everyone, I posted here quite a bit last year when Missy had her first litter. She carried 5 pups her first litter and 2 didn't make it. They both had there intestines on the outside of them She just had her second litter this morning. She wasn't due until Tuesday, but I woke up this morning and she had had one pup and it was doing well. The second pup came about 30 mintues later.......this pup was breech and I feel like I didn't intervine soon enough. She was still born, so I thought.......no movement and blue tongue etc.... I let the dam work on her a bit and we tried reviving and nothing worked. Well then.............the 3rd pup arrived breech also, I was quicker getting this little guy out, but we still had to revived him for about 35-40 minutes. Infact, both the last two pups we had to work on for that length of time to get them to breath on there own. There was no life in them. I regret that I didn't spend enough time on the 2nd little girl, maybe she would have made it????? After all of this, I am wondering if there is something wrong with my female or if her diet is lacking something???? I know other breeders and their whelping goes like clock work. Did I intervene too much??? The smallest is 3.4 oz, and I am a bit worried about him. He will latch on to a teat, but not really look for it himself, I have to bring him to it. Should I supplement him even if he is getting some from mom??? Thanks for all of your help.
nuts4yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!