View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 07:59 AM   #8
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose
Bettyeanne..sorry I spelled your name wrong in the other post.
I have been involved with Yorkies as a pet owner, breeder/show for over 30 yrs. In that time I have seen so much abuse it breaks my heart. I reported him to Animal control, they went to look, said the Yorkies had shelter, the garage. They had a yard ..they had food and water. Even though the garage was not heated/AC and the dogs were dirty, it did not add up to abuse. I have been accused of being a fanatic by Animal Control when it comes to Yorkies. We built on to our home so the Yorkies could be comfortable. They think I treat my dogs like humans and for the most part ignore me. I tried AKC and they inspected his records since he was breeding, all was in order. Ungroomed and being housed in a garage/outside is not against any AKC regs.
This situation is really quite minor compared to the bad cases.
That's OK! There really should be stricter laws regarding kennels and breeding. I took a look at that Brushy Creek website and the closeup pictures of those puppies ... their little eyes aren't bright and happy!! I have always believed that the eyes are the windows to the soul [humans and animals]! Toto has always, since the first time we saw her, had the brightest, happiest, most inquisitive little eyes! That's one thing that I loved so much about her and even as a tiny baby she will gaze intently into our eyes for long periods at the time! And when we talk to her she always looks us straight in the eye ... I believe that she understands what we say to her!! Of course, we talk to her like she was human and never, never raise our voice to her!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!