View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #13
RebelBelle
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyJake View Post
I can relate, especially to the Powerpoint presentation. I work as a word processor in a law firm, and they have NO idea how long things like that take.

I think my worst day at work was years ago when I worked at a different law firm as a legal secretary. I was only about 21 at the time. Our law firm had just merged with another, and we were all extremely overworked and stressed out. I had been trying to help another coworker keep her job by learning shorthand (I'm aging myself). I babysat her toddler son after work two nights a week so she could go to school, and I did it for free because I wanted to help her. It got to be too much for her, and she was having problems in her marriage, and add to that the stress of work. She couldn't cope. She was also trying to learn to use the computer...when the early ones came out (Lanier). She was so nice, but she didn't work well under pressure. I felt bad for her.

One Saturday we were working, and I was making copies of about a zillion things for the merger, and it was priority. She was having problems with the computer, and came to me for help. I told her that I would be right there as soon as I finished the batch of copies I was making....only about 20 more copies left in that batch. She got mad because I didn't drop everything and run to help her, and she started yelling about how she couldn't handle the stress and screaming, and she kinda just lost it and slapped me.

I was so shocked, I couldn't believe it! Everyone was shocked because I hadn't ever been unkind to her EVER. I only tried to help her as much as I could. She then locked herself in a law library room and wouldn't come out. We had to get the personnel manager on the phone with her to finally calm her down. It was a CRAZY day!

I'm sorry you had a bad day, and I hope tomorrow is a better one!
I used to work are a bankruptcy paralegal in a VERY high traffic firm. I had 650 of my own clients that only I handled. And while I can't say I ever slapped anybody, I CAN honestly say that there were days when I felt like it. But I can't beleive she slapped you after all you were doing for her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!