Thread: Play Biting
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Sunnydey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question Play Biting

My yorkie, Max, has been living with us for three months now. We adopted him from the humane society, and they estimate his age to be about a year and nine months. He had lived in at least three homes before we adopted him, so we don't really know his past history.

Max gets in these moods where he just starts biting your hands and feet and tries to play tug of war with them. He goes from laying down resting to jumping up and deciding to play the biting game. If you hide your hands and/or feet, he nips at other body parts.

I have tried ignoring him (he just jumps up and bites my shirt or bites my heels) or crating him for a time out to rest (he is so hard to catch when he gets in this mood and then runs back and nips you again). I have also used the jar of pennies and the squirt bottle without success. He definitely thinks it is a game, and he thinks it is quite fun. But, it is no fun for us.

Anyone have a dog like this? Any other techniques to get him to stop biting? I am running out of ideas and my hands and feet hurt.
Sunnydey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!