View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Patti
Donating YT 30K Club Member

Default Question re staying after spay

Roxie goes in next Tuesday for spaying and baby teeth pulled and microchipping, Pixie is going in at the same time for dental, I called the vet today to tell them that I wanted her baby teeth removed and microchipped as I forgot to mention it. I also told the girl I wanted to take Roxie home after her spay and not leave her over night. I had a message when I got home from the vet's office saying that they talked to my vet and she said that only if Roxie is doing ok will she consider her coming home that day and I would have to sign a waiver. Now I love my vets, but if she isn't doing well I certainly don't want her staying overnight where there is no one there. I live 5 minutes from the state of the art ER vet and would be able to get her in if any problems come up. Also, if she isn't doing well enough to come home then I want her transferred to the 24 hour er to watch her. Am I being unreasonable? Do your vets let you take them home the same day as the spay? Cali was spayed at the er clinic and had to stay due to complications so it has been 11 years since I have had a puppy spayed and I know I brought Maya home the same day. Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!