View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

man I HATE those nasty creatures - we just had our first bout with them but I never actually saw any fleas on my girls or got bit - but I did find one dead when I tried the DAWN Soap -

We're using Frontline Plus with no after effects and NO FLEAS

DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOG TO PETSMART to get Dipped please !! I wouldn't trust them to do that with a little dog....but - You can do the Dawn bath again - go see your vet - get the Capstar pill and CHANGE his preventative medicine since it sounds like yours isn;t working - what are you using ? (NEVER EVER USE HARTZ - it's toxic)

There is a spray you can use in your house and furniture etc - but WASH EVERYTHING you can in in hot water - vaccume your house everywhere - especially if you have carpet - Fleas leave eggs that fall OFF your pet/hatch in carpet or places like that/grow to adult - then get back on your pet or you.

(I read everything I could about them when my girls had the itchies)

if you can bomb - even better but you need to be gone for a day for that and you'll need to do it again in a few weeks as eggs hatch.

you have to take care of the problem right away or you will see bites (like you are) - so it sounds like they're living in your floors
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!