View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #12
tuzzylou
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofDog View Post
BLECH!!! Ticks are one of the grossest things, huh!?!

I also use the tick twister, then you get out the whole nasty bug and don't have to worry about the home remedies that are often more dangerous then they are helpful!

Since you live in the woods, I would bathe your baby often and use a flea comb daily so you catch any creepy crawlies that find there way on board your baby. I have found more tick looking for a spot to dig then actually burrowed by doing daily exams! Luckily, our babies are teeny so the daily combing and tick search is short!

I spritz my furbabies with something called "Critter Oil" diluted in water, in my vacuum, a few drops in their shampoo and rubbed into their collars and it keeps those beastly ticks and fleas outta their hair. It really does work! I don't even use a chemical preventative (in South Florida, no less!) and have zero flea/tick problems. In my 14 month old Cavalier King Charles, I have only ever found one tick burrowed in skin, and three crawling and my Yorkie Mix I only ever found one crawling around. I have never had a flea problem either. I am not saying its foolproof, but the results are amazing, esp. considering I don't use Frontline or anything and romp with my pups all the time in th grass. I recommend it to everyone!!! One bottle has lasted me since I got both my first pup over a year ago, thats how little I need to use! I use the diluted spritz on myself too and it keeps me from being eaten alive by mosquitos!!! I know I must sound like an ad, but its truly amazing.
Critter Oil Flea Repellent

Hope your baby stays critter free! ~Hilary
i really wish there was a forum like this in the UK, i get some great advice and then find i cant get the item here in the UK!
anyway.....frontline seems to be working.....another tick was spotted last nite but it was dead as dead can be, and was removed easily.
I have started checking her each time i bring her in from a walk. She loves running in the long grass so she probably picks them up from there. She gets a bath every week, I shall def look into some natural ways of detering the ticks...id rather they didnt go on her at all...frontline is fine that it kills them within the 48hrs but id rather they couldnt get on her at all.
Going to have a look and see if i can find something similar to the critter oil here in the UK
thanks for the advice xx

Last edited by tuzzylou; 05-29-2008 at 02:16 AM.
tuzzylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!