View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy317 View Post
No, but if it were me and if I had the money to I would rather do that than have a bitch die from birth complications or have an emergency c-section. I was blessed with my oops litter even though it wasn't her first cycle that she had no complications, especially with a breed known for it due to the pups head size in most cases its needed c-section. But I was always afraid to of losing her, during the whole pregnancy and when it came to her actually giving birth. She gave birth to 6 healthy puppies, no problems. But this sometimes is not always the case. If the OP does plan to keep this litter, I can only hope that she is as blessed as me with her bitch and her litter.
Thanks for your story. I just think that it is best to let her vet determine if she should abort them. (IF she is pregnant) with her size, she should be fine.. even though it isn't the ideal situation. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. I am hoping she goes to the breeder section and asks there where she can get some good educated (in breeding) answers instead of just being scared into doing something that may not be the best solutiuon. MOST 7 lb bitches bred to a 4 lb male do NOT need a c-section, although that isn't always the case. Her vet is the best person to determine that.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!