View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
Sloan
Luv Love LOVE My Boys!
Donating Member

I'm dealing with the same dilema. I had my pup neutered at 5 months because my vet stressed that it needed to be done before 6 months of age and the sooner the better. But I had no idea that these little guys had so much trouble with their teeth. I wish she would have told me to wait 2 months until his adult teeth come in to see if any need to be pulled so he wouldn't have to go under anesthesia twice. I must admit, I feel like I've been scammed a bit. Now he is 7 months old and has lost all of his baby teeth except one of large teeth on the top in front....his adult tooth came down in front of the baby tooth and the baby tooth is not budging! I took him to the vet yesterday and she said it needs to be pulled. Argh! Estimated cost: $325....the neuter was over $400. I am a bit pissed off, I must admit....don't get me wrong, I will do ANYTHING for my baby but I feel it could have been much easier on him and cheaper for me if we had waited to have him neutered. BTW, that baby tooth is mighty sharp!....and food is getting caught between those two teeth. I know I need to do it soon...just wish it would fall out! Hmph!

Last edited by Sloan; 05-28-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!