Thread: Eye Surgery?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Yorkie24U
YT 500 Club Member

Question Eye Surgery?

Please pray for my little Lindsey, 4 1/2 lbs yorkie, she is 8 1/2 yrs old. Today she was diagnosed with glucoma/eye infection and has 4 meds to try to help her thru this coming week. Her eye has pressure in it and I hope the meds with help. She saw the Eye Emergency Vet and if the meds don't work, she'll have to have surgery to remove her eye. This is the second opinion I've had on her condition, hoping for better answers.

Has anyone from Yorkietalk ever experience this type of eye surgery with their furbaby? I don't post much on here but do read the posts and have had many laughs and tears thru the many posts. I'd like to hear from anyone that has gone thru this and had to have their furbabies eye removed and how they coped with it, I'm having an awful time. I'm just praying that the meds might help her so she can keep her eye. If she can't her optical nerve is weak and no prostetic eye can be put in place so she will be left with only one good eye and a lot of hair over the other one I guess. Right now I'm putting 3 types of drops in her eyes and ointment to help her, in hopes it will get better to avoid the surgery. Your prayers will me very much appreciated, Sincerely, Lindseys Mom.

Last edited by Yorkie24U; 05-28-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Yorkie24U is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!