View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

I hope Evie is fine when you bring her home. Expect her to be really out of it tonight. She will most likely not eat. The most difficult thing will be keeping her calm, especially since she is used to playing with Kayah.

Make sure she doesn't run or jump for at least a few days (which is pretty impossible). If you have a stroller, you might want to think about keeping her in that with it zipped up, so you can have her near you, yet not worry about her jumping.

You'll have to see how she does with the onesie. It does on with the cute stuff on the back and that way the snaps are accessible to you as well. If her tail is prominent, you can just cut a small hole, but put it on her first so you know where to cut. If she still licks a lot with the onesie, the E-collar is probably better. Neither staples nor stitches are supposed to be licked while they are healing.

If you keep her activity level low the first few days, she will probably be okay. Just check in the incision area for oozing, redness or swelling - all of which could mean infection.

She shouldn't have any problem with the teeth or the microchip. I would also insist on pain meds as least for a couple days. I do not agree that letting them "feel the pain" means they will rest and sleep.

Let us know how she does. Hugs to you all!!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!