View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

aww..I know you're worried. I hope her spay goes very well and that she's back to herself in no time. The younger they are, the faster they recover so it shouldn't take her too long.

Does she go outside to potty? You can take her outside to potty as soon as she is awake. I would just keep her on a leash so she can't run around though. She needs to rest and stay pretty still for the week after her spay so her incision has time to heal.

I didn't use an e-collar at all. I used a newborn onsie on Lacy so she couldn't get to her stitches. That worked really well.

I do want to emphasize keeping her still for at least a week. She'll probably feel fine in two or three days and will want to run around and play but keep her still for a week. Lacy was too active too soon and tore her internal stitches and had to be reopened and restitched...so that really taught me how important it is to make sure they stay still and heal the week after the surgery.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!