View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:18 AM   #12
Marc
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennzy View Post
wow! i wonder why the price has gone up so much from 10 years ago.
2 of my friends who also own yorkies all about 10+ years have all bought them for 5-600$.
i have a stupid question, what is the difference between registered and unregistered puppy? because i remember taking my puppy to a place to get him registrated and i remember i had to pay $50 for it. but then again it was so long ago and i was little i don't really remember quite

i think i'm going to look into buying a puppy in korea. definately much cheaper. if you're looking for a regular yorkie i was told 350-500$ and if you want teacup 700+$ though i'm not a big fan of teacups. yorkies are already small enough, don't want anything super tiny. i feel bad for super tiny dogs in the winter

The difference depends on what is important to you really. To me as a pet owner its just a piece of paper...that hikes up the price of the pup, lol.

Breeders typically have the parents registered and then the pups get registered. I bought my girl from a pet owner who has a male and female and therefore the pups are not registered cause she is not a "breeder" in that sense.....like fulltime. She just had a litter.

As far as the "teacup" thing goes...there really is no such thing. Yorkies should be between 3 and 7 pounds by standard...but some get much bigger. You also can't tell as a pup how big they will really get. It's a surprise game. LOL.

Good luck!
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!