View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #14
sammiz
No Longer a Member

Well....the story evolves...

I should start at the VERY beginning:

When I first discovered the kittens in the beginning (a couple of weeks ago), they were right where her yard meets ours. They were in a hedge that straddles our property line and we had cut the shrub back to accomodate some work we were having done in the yard. She told her little girl "Well, honey, you were sad because your friend always had kittens and now you have kittens". I was very okay with that. So they were always out there with the kitties. Good. Made me happy.

I had put food there for the mother and she came over and did some stuff....put a box there so the mother could put her kittens in the box if she wanted to ????? (which she didn't) and they were always out there with them. Then the mother cat moved the kitties and I haven't seen them until today, which is what I wrote about earlier.

I have that one little kitten in my house that I took to the vet. I had rescued the other four and had asked the lady next door if she wanted to keep them at her house or what. She took them and put them in her garage and I went to the vet. While I was there I bought kitten formula for her to feed the kitties that she had. And a bottle for her as well. When I got home I got it all ready and took it to her. Put the hole in the nipple and everything first. Then I went to her garage and medicated their little eyes with antibiotic ointment and gave them a dose of the oral antibiotic. She wouldn't do it. Said it was icky. Eeeuuuu. She was going to bring them to me in the morning so I could do it again. I was good with that.

AND THEN....she came and told me that her husband tried to feed them and only one would eat so she gave them back to their feral mother.

Aaaarrrggghhh! They are sick! They need care! Their eyes aren't as bad as the one I took to the vet but they are all matted with pus. Antibiotics! They need antibiotics!

Now I don't know if I am going to be able to find them in the morning. The mother may very well move them again. If she doesn't, I guess I will just try to watch for when she goes away. Then I will rescue them again. I surely don't want a fight with a feral cat, now do I? Sheesh!

Remember that I said I didn't want a cat? Well...looks like I may have FIVE!! Oh my gosh!! Five.

I sure hope I can do all five okay.
sammiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!