View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
ginabella
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 036 Scholl's MOLESKIN - Puppy Ear Taping ALTERNATIVE

Hello all!
I am new to this forum so not sure if this is the right place to post this information I just found.

I just got my Reagan (14 wk old male) on Sunday. He has floppy ears and I (think) I prefer his ears to stand up. The wonderful breeder taped them for a brief time right before I got him so I wanted to take up where she left of. I was researching how to tape his ears. I found this very interesting article on dogs.lovetoknow.com under the heading "Yorkie Ear Problems."

sounds like a great alternative to "taping". I will let you know it works out.

Gina

Most vets know how to tape ears, so you might give yours a call. That said, we used to use a product called Dr. Scholl's Moleskin to help strengthen ears. You have to cut out a piece that is almost as large as the inside of your dog's ear flap, peel off the backing an fit the adhesive side against the inside of the ear. You can use a little medical tape to further secure the moleskin pad, and leave this set in for about two weeks. This should give the cartilage time to set up a little stronger. That said, if your Yorkie is going through teething at this time, the ear will likely come back up on it's own once teeting is finished.
ginabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!