View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #11
sammiz
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFairLacy View Post
She probably has a respiratory infection which is really common in kittens, especially unvaccinated and uncared for ones. The antibiotics ought to clear it up.

I would keep in her in a small area...like a hard pet carrier, large box, crate, or small exercise pen. Put a litterbox in there with low sides so it is easy for her to crawl in. She should pick up on the litterbox quickly if you start putting her in there. Also, if she's got teeth you can start feeding her food. You can get kitten food and mix it with some kitten formula to get it soft for her. If she can't eat that, you might have to bottle feed for another week before she's ready to eat real food. Be sure to take a warm, most cloth or cotton ball and rub her bottom to help her go to the bathroom. They usually start going on their own about this age, but stimulation there will help with that too.
I have her (him?) in a carrier. It wants out! I take it out frequently and pet it and let it walk about. Sassy is very interested. I am very careful. Sassy wants it to play with her. She stomps her front paws at it. So I am watching v-e-r-y carefully.

The neighbor put the other four back out with their mother. Now I will have to battle to get them medicated. She is ferral and I was so wanting to acclimate them to humans so they could be placed. I know that at six weks feral kittens are something to be reckoned with. Their little teeth and claws are very sharp!

I am going to do my best for all of them.
sammiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!