View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 07:37 AM   #1
Turtles_mom
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Bell-potty training two dogs?

I need advice from those of you who have bell-potty trained your dog (ring the bell to go outside and potty)
My yorkies are 1 year and 4 months. I have a sort of cow bell hanging on the door knob. I point at it and tell them to ring it?( I do this with them on leashes).
Duckie (4 months) does it with no problem but Turtle (1 year) usually doesn't ring it until I take it off and hold it in front of him. My question is, if Duckie has to wait after ringing the bell before going out will she connect it the same? A few times she has peed while waiting for Turtle to ring the bell. Should I just take her and leave him behind immediately after she rings it, but this is in the morning so I know both have to go. Or, should I take both out even though he hasn't rang the bell, or wait for both to ring it ?

Also, throughout the day, should I take them both out when only one rings the bell? If I don't will the other go in the house while I am gone? Should I just buy a doggie door? Is that enough questions? Really, I have been seeing some progress. I just want to do this the most efficient way possible.
Turtles_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!