View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:03 AM   #1
tuzzylou
Yorkie Yakker

Default Tick removal? Help!

Lottie got a tick last week...my mum removed it and all was fine....it had just got into her skin (ewwwww) so it was fairly easy to remove.
Anyhoo lottie woke me up the other morning at 3am scratching her ear like mad...i couldnt find anything wrong so left it at that. Then today when we came back from our walk in the fields i noticed a "thing" stuck behind her ear....it looked like part of a tick going by what was pulled out of her head the other week, but i think shes managed to scratch off most of this one...hence the early wake up call the other morning...now im worried about whats left in her skin....is it going to grow? is it going to just die off...does it need to be removed..cos i couldnt remove it myself (tried but it wouldnt budge) I have been using Frontline on lottie since last year and had hoped it would stop the ticks as well as fleas but apparently it kills them once they have bitten your pet?
im at a total loss as to what to do... Ive heard so many rumours of ticks heads continuing to grow even with out a body...and i couldnt bear my wee lottie having this thing in her any longer than she needs too.
any help as always gratefully received!
tuzzylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!