View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Mom2BabyNatalie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
What happens if someone falls in love with her and then iafter you do your testing, it turns out her knees or hips are bad? Will you take care of the vetting for that as well or will you tell the prospective owner and then leave it up to them whether to proceed and pay themselves to have the surgery to correct it? Again, I'm not trying to be fresh but that leaves that person in a terrible dilema as they may love her but not have the funds to pay for that kind of expensive surgey. Where as if that had been checked prior then prospective homes would know in advance before falling in love and can then make an educated decision on whether they can proceed or not.
I suppose when I posted Gloria's availability here on YT, I just ASSUMED (and yes, I know what that makes me, haha!) that EVERYONE knew of the issues I'd had with her and her breeder in the beginning. Everything was so public... not to mention the "heated debates" that followed (even leading to removal of many of the posts, including ones where I had followed up with new and better informed opinions on her physical condition - as well as the closing of threads that were left) - - but you're right, I should not have assumed.

Even still, I do feel that I am offering every opportunity to ASSURE that Gloria is in top physical condition before placing her. IF a negative report were to come back, the new owners would be fully informed of that BEFORE bringing Gloria home and able to make a decision as to her adoption.

Medical testing is expensive.... and while I am certainly willing to put forth the cost of such tests to determine that Gloria is indeed in good health, I truthfully wouldn't move forward with such things if she were to be staying here with me. I would have her spayed, baby teeth removed, and that would be that.... because to me, that would be all I would require to keep her as a family pet.

So essentially, if there is no interest in her here, I am not going to spend the money for further testing when I am having absolutely no problems with her health.

BUT, for the sake of a NEW family - who doesn't know me from Adam... and who hasn't had the wonderful opportunity of being with her from day to day - I am happy to provide all of the medical evaluations necessary for them to feel comfortable in bringing home new healthy little girl...

One has to know that a pup at this price, being offered to a pet home - is being placed as such with good reason.... because she does not meet the requirements of what would be a "breeding quality" animal. That being said, it would be silly for someone to expect a show dog in a situation like this... but I have noted my concerns with her and again, am following up with with what I feel are pertinent issues regarding placement....

And that's the best I can do.....
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!