View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:32 PM   #7
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Dena, thanks for the post back. I think it's great that you are doing the spay and dental prior to adopting. You're right most people selling do not do this and as I said to you in PM's I commend you for taking that kind of care. My only concern was that I wish I had known about some of these possible issues first (Such as possible hip or knee problems)

As I said to you I have rescues and NONE of them are without faults and I love them for who they are and would not trade or sell them for any amount of money, but we don't know each other and when a Yorkie is for sale in a different state that is going to be shipped, you have to rely on what the owner tells you and be comfortable and I have to be honest I was upset reading your February post and not seeing any of this (Especially possible knee or hip troulbe) mentioned in your for sale ad.

Again, I do commend you for doing her dental, vet testing and her spay. You're right no one does this but with all do respect I still believe that if their were hip or knee concerns THAT should have been checked prior to listing her for sale.

What happens if someone falls in love with her and then iafter you do your testing, it turns out her knees or hips are bad? Will you take care of the vetting for that as well or will you tell the prospective owner and then leave it up to them whether to proceed and pay themselves to have the surgery to correct it? Again, I'm not trying to be fresh but that leaves that person in a terrible dilema as they may love her but not have the funds to pay for that kind of expensive surgey. Where as if that had been checked prior then prospective homes would know in advance before falling in love and can then make an educated decision on whether they can proceed or not.

Anyway, thanks again for your post and I really really do hope she finds a great home.

Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!