View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
Mom2BabyNatalie
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Elaine,

There should be several posts regarding little Gloria free for the reading in the YT forums - and I do have to say that when she was arrived, she was NOT what I expected... and I was indeed, justifiably upset. (as you may have "felt" from my posts).

Several of her retained baby teeth have since fallen out on her own and the overbite was caused by those retained teeth. It has essentially worked itself out and will continue to do so with the extraction of the remaining retained teeth. Within a couple of months of the extractions, she will likely have a nice scissor bite.... IF she has any overbite at all, it will remain slight.

As for her knees and hips - my initial posting back in February was premature, I'm sure... caused by my unhappiness with her overall condition... and the "stiffness" I initially recognized was seemingly just that, stiffness, from being kenneled throughout her journey to Oklahoma. She has been fine with her movement since then - yet as stated in this listing, she will be checked for LP and other pertinent issues BEFORE going to her new home. I don't suspect a negative outcome of any of the medical testing that will be performed.

When she arrived she was a terribly skinny girl... all of her bones could be easily felt... she was just BARELY 3 lbs - and yes, she still is only between 3.5 and 4 lbs... yet her overall build and muscle mass is greatly improved. (even a half pound on these little ones makes a huge difference in their health and appearance). She has been kept on a high quality diet with supplements since day one with us and is doing beautifully. She is at a nice healthy weight right now. As stated in my listing for her availability, I did expect her to grow to be a 5 lb adult.... but I don't see her getting to that at this point.

My initial concerns regarding Gloria, even though they were evidently unfounded since my experience with her - - are the reasons for the COMPLETE medical screening as noted below.... rarely would you find another pup being placed in a pet home, receive such a thorough evaluation with vet documentation - not to mention surgical procedures as the spay and dental work noted - before being placed.

I respect your decision not to proceed and thank you for considering her.... although there is no need to "feel sorry" for her.... she is well cared for, loved and in good hands until the right family for her comes along.

For anyone who still may be interested in making this girl a part of your family, I will be posting in a few moments, a short video and photos that we just finished up this afternoon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!