View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #15
Yorkieluv
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie daley View Post
WOW!! I had NO idea!! I naturally thought puppy plate was the puppy formula!! (A little misleading) then I think I will just put them both on a different flavor of Merrick, because I love it, and think it's a really good quality food. But at the end of the day I guess it's about what they like and whats good for them!!
Does your yorkie eat Merrick??

Thank you so much for teaching me something new!! I feel a little silly that I didn't know that, but love learning !!
You are welcome It sounds like that works out great for you!! As far as dog foods go, I love all stages foods because it makes it very easy to have a puppy and an adult on the same food. The puppy plate is a little higher in protein than the other foods, but all of them are formulated for puppy, adult, and seniors.
The only difference between giving an all life stages food to a puppy and an adult is that a puppy should eat about double what the adult eats. I think that's on their website as well. Actually, it's probably on the back of the bag or can too.
When I first got my little maltese at 7 months old, I fed her Merrick Grammy's Pot Pie until I started homecooking for her

Last edited by Yorkieluv; 05-26-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Yorkieluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!