View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default Your Post From February...

Dena, I came across some old posts about Gloria. (See below) Has she been checked out to determine whether she has hip or knee problems as you suspected when she first came to you? It looks as though you got her in February. You never mentioned in your for sale ad or to me in PM about her back legs or the possiblility of hip or knee problems. And, you never mentioned about her large overbite.

You mentioned that prior to her going to her forever home that you would look into this, but if you suspected this back in February iand it really should have been checked into back then, before listing her for sale or having a potential home get their hopes up and then finds out there are hip or knee problems that was previously suspected.

Back in February you also said she was very underweight and should be around 4.5 lbs. Isn't she still only 3.5 lbs. so is that weight alright for her or do you still think she should be about 4.5 lbs. I'm confused.

I think I will have to pass. I was un-aware of any of these issues (or) the fact that you were trying to send her back to her original owner. And, I don't mean to cause trouble by posting this or your original February post but I do think it's only fair that someone interested know all of this. It's unfair to not tell a prospective home. I know you did mention to me that because YOU did not breed her that you could not offer a health guarantee with her. Hmm, I'm sorry but this does raise concern for me since NONE of these possible health problems nor the overbite was mentioned to me via your PM.

I'm really sorry for this little girl and I hope she finds a wonderful home.

Elaine (Below is your post from February)

(Your Post from February when she first came to you)

Well she certainly is a sweetheart... but what it really comes down to, is that I paid for a HEALTHY 1 year old female Yorkshire Terrier - free of genetic / congenital defects -

I was told that she was a perfectly healthy 4 lb girl - but that she did have "a couple of retained baby teeth".... okay, a couple of teeth pulled... I can do that.... but NINE??? At a year old?? That will cost a pretty penny....

Secondly, she is NOT a HEALTHY 4 lb girl... she is a GROSSLY UNDERWEIGHT 3 lb girl who SHOULD weigh 4.5 lbs (or thereabouts) You can feel EVERY bone in her spine, hips, ribs... ugh.... it's terrible...

She has a pretty large overbite - only worsend by the additional teeth she has in her little mouth....

She walks with her back legs as though they look "too close together"... so I'm only assuming that she has knee / hip / joint problems... unconfirmed of course, as I haven't had her to the vet....

Regardless.... she's precious... and I'm certain will make someone a wonderful pet once they've dealt with her issues....

But frankly, what I paid for her... was not a "pet quality" price... nor was it anywhere CLOSE to that of a "rescue dog" which essentially is what she'd be if I decided to keep her.... which I'm not...

My own fault.... for not being more diligent.... lesson learned...

Join today and remove this ad!