View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:16 AM   #9
cooperk
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee_V View Post
I kind of have the same problem. London won't pee in her crate and goes to the pee pad all the time. However she poops in the crate every night and I have to get up extra early to clean the crate out and give her a bath. She is only in the crate at night and we don't go to be until late as you can see by my posting times. The crate is the perfect size for her (the smallest they make I believe) just enough room for her to turn around in. Any ideas?
Dogs will go poop soon after you feed them, especialy puppies. Knowing this, my morning routine is to take Trixie out of the crate to the backyard to pee. She then comes in, I make her breakfast and put them both in the crate. Eating in the crate keeps her focused on eating! She's too distracted otherwise. Once she has eaten, I bring her outside once again to do her business. I do the same routing for the other 2 feedings during the day.

I don't know your routine, but perhaps this may help. You may not be giving her enough time outside to do her business. You may also want to try getting her to run around a bit outside, as that will get things "moving." Routines are important, as I'm sure you're aware. At a young age, they just can't wait as long as we'd like them to. Remember that dogs will always want to please and they are trying, mommy!

Good luck.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!