View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 02:14 AM   #1
susansmom
YT Addict

Default Rural area with limited choices; suggestions?

We llive in a pretty rural area. There are small towns around but the nearest city is 2 hours away. We can find Iams, Eukanuba, and Science Diet in our local area. Our breeder started the puppies on Science Diet, but my mom's dog won't eat it. Mine will, but it worries me that it has so much corn in it. I had a mixed breed a number of years ago that had terrible skin allergies. He was prednisone for a long time until I could see it was hurting him. Then the man at the pet heath food store (this was in Tulsa; there are LOTS of choices in Tulsa) told me to get him food with no corn. He had no allergies or hot spots at all after changing his food. I don't want to see Susan suffer with that, so I don't want her having corn in her diet. I don't want to be a nut about this and I'd really rather not have to make dog food. Is there something that can be shipped at a fairly reasonable price, or should I just stock up when we go to Fayetteville or Springfield? We go to Fayetteville more often and I don't think it has much fancier than a PetSmart in the way of pet food outlets. I guess the vets would have something, but I hate to go searching out vets in a strange city where I usually only spend about 4 hours every 3 or 4 months. I guess I just want it all -- convenience, reasonable cost, and most of all healthfulness. I guess I might have to sacrifice one of the first two.
susansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!