View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
ProfessorPeteZa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
It's possible that before she was too young to realize there were new people around.

The advice that you were given before was correct. No talk! No touch! No eye contact! until she settles down. Ask your friends to totally ignore her until she behaves.

Also you might need to work on your skills as pack leader. You might think you are in charge, but your actions might be telling her something different.

Some questiolns
Does she sleep with you
Does she eat with you
Does she run through doors ahead of you
Do you feed her when she is jumping up and down.

I suggest you watch some Dog Whisperer episodes on The national Geographic channel or buy his DVD to learn how to be a calm assertive pack leader.

In doing so she will feel confident that you are in charge and will no longer feel the need to show submission to strangers.

I hope that helps
I have no idea if she realized she was meeting people but they would hold her and play with her and shed have a good ol time :-( we'd go out in the backyard and all of us would run around and shed chase us (which she still does)

to answer your Qs :
Does she sleep with you: Yes
Does she eat with you: No, but she does sit and watch us eat sometimes Ill give her a piece of bread or something at the end.
Does she run through doors ahead of you:hmm, usually but not at her training classes. i always walk thru the door first. but when i take her out in the front yes, shell have her nose to the door as i unlock it and run outside when it opens. when going in the backyard, i always go out first because she is unleashed i guess.
Do you feed her when she is jumping up and down. You mean when she is begging for food while we are eating? No, however sometimes some relatives take pity on her and do so even though i scold them and tell them not to do so.

I dont have the NGC
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!