View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
FunkyMunkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default What else can we do? fleas, licking, and heavy scratching!!

Hello all!

I have a yorkie who is 3 years old, her name is Luna. I really need your help. Luna has been itchy and scratchy for the past 2 weeks. Just this week, it has got to it's worse! At first, I couldn't find any fleas on luna... all I would see is her constantly scratching. So I took her to the vet regardless, she was give a cortisone shot, an antihistamine shot, and put on antihistamine medication. The vet said it must be an allergy to something in the house, he too did not find any fleas!

Boy oh boy, were we WRONG! The next day I discovered a flea! Well, I kept looking and found another... and well another and another... soon after that I decided to give luna a flew bath and found 20+ fleas!!! I have no idea how or why we didn't see those suckers...well ever since then luna has received her montly frontline plus as well as the frontline spray, we've cleaned the house, put a fogger in the garage, flea bathed her 3 times, and still we discover at least 3 fleas a day!

Now she is constantly licking herself, in fact she has not stopped licking her skin the whole time that I have been writing this post. I really need your help, her hair seems to be falling off and I find little balls of hair everywhere. I really have no idea what else to do? should we shave her hair, bathe her every day? I'm really desperate here as I feel so terribly bad that all luna does is spend her day scratching herself... any suggestions are warmly welcomed!

- melissa
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!