Thread: clostridium
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyluvsma View Post
May I suggest using this as it may help build up his good bacteria. Ally gets it every day in her food due to her medical problems and it has helped. I know this is not answering the "why" he's getting this but it could off set it from happening the next time.

When ever any of my pups are on antibiotic they get this also.

Hope the Dig Man feels better soon!

Acidophilus is a powdered form of a bacteria called 'lactobacillus.' It is used when the intestines have been compromised by illness, stress, or the use of medications like antibiotics. In these situations, the normal 'friendly' bacteria which help in digestion often die and are replaced by bacteria which tend to cause problems such as increased intestinal gas and diarrhea. The lactobacillus bacteria are used to help prevent overgrowth of these undesirable bacteria, and allow the 'friendly' bacteria to recover their normal numbers.
your like my superhero! Always coming to my rescue!!! Where do i get something like this?? And should i use it everyday or just when he is sick? He is perking up a lil bit but still not his usual hell on wheels....

His tail is coming up a lil more and he plays for a few minutes here and there. I washed all toys bleached food and water bowl and surrounding area. Is there anything else I can do to help prevent this bacteria? How common is it??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!