View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 03:48 AM   #1
TJCHRISYORK
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I Need Help..please..myleigh Is Not Right Again..

One day I may get to post in another section, but for now here we go again…I am a people nurse and no better then to self diagnosis BUT now a days with a computer it’s so hard not to. Not even 3 days ago I frantically started a post on Myleigh who is 5 months old. She is yorkie number 2 for us. She has a big brother, Tyson, who is a little over a year and a half and the poster child for the healthiest, most well behaved yorkie. Myleigh comes from the same set of parents and she get the award for the poor baby award. Since the day we picked her up she has had worms, Cocydia but just as play full and full of love as she can be. Took her to the vet Thursday because she was drinking water, pee, water, pee. She was laying as stretched out as far as she could but she was eating, drinking and being Myleigh but you could tell she could not get comfortable. All nite she was up, down, here, there, it was so sad. My fiance took her to the vet and the UA came back clean as a whistle……and we were good UNTIL last night. She went in are ed and laid down..not normal for her. I noticed she is drinking normal, she has not been drinking anymore water then usual and bathroom habits have been normal but all nite she was here, there, and everywhere. I told my fiance something is not right, you can just tell she seems like she cant get comfortable , so onto the PC I go. I really feel like we may be dealing with what seem like signs of a liver shunt and I hope with everything I have I am so wrong…about an hour ago she threw up. Not a whole lot but…it confirmed what I thought, something is not right. My question is, what can I do right now to help settle her belly..? I really feel she needs the bile acid test I have been reading about. IS this something I should take her into the ER for..? Is there anything I can do..?? Change somethings around food..?? She does not get tale food, but she does get treats and I will cut those ASAP…I am a mess and it is so sad to see her just keep getting up and down..If I did take her to the ER vet what changes would I make if they did tell me she possibly had this. If she needs to go then away we will go……..any help please….I am so sick of seeing her look uncomfortable. Can she have Pepcid?? Should I hold her food for awhile?? Give her different food???..help……this is so sad and so much for her to deal with…thanks
TJCHRISYORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!