Thread: Fetch
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
hotpod
Senior Yorkie Talker

start by getting them intersted in it...then throw the (in my case i used a frisbee) then throw the frisbee a few inches away from you. as soon as they pick it up call them to you...and normally its so close to you that they just turn around and there you are! and when they do it...say "drop" and dont play or tug on it or they will think it is tug a war...but just hold on to it untill they let go...say good boy or girl and give them a treat...keep practicing and after about 7 successfull trys...throw it a little further...and keep doing it untill you are getting out of breath trying to wind up your arm to get it to go further!! lol its the best trick i have ever taught my dogs!!!! and i have two... anytime we are at a dog park or visiting my parents who live on 425 acres...this game is awesome!!! and even in the house the bring stuff to me all the time wanting me to throw it. and they always bring it back! also dont forget that they will get tired so dont push the training too hard...my dogs; when they get tired they will be bringing it back to me and the suddenly detour and wont let me have it back...thats their sign of...OMG let me breath for a second! lol and all i have to do is stand in one place and throw...dont give in when they drop it 4 or less feet away from you...wait untill they bring it to your hand and say drop and treat them! lol its fun...also to get them excited about the game...or if i want to play with them ill see..."wheres your ball?" and immediatley they find their balls or frisbee and bring it to me to start throwing...good luck!!! let me know if this helped and if you understand the direrctions..and sorry its so long! good luck! keep us posted!
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!