View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default From another post....

Our first emergency vet vist with Izzy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikes...first I've been sick with a cold so I stayed home from work today and so did hubby. We decided to try and get some work done in the yard since the weather has been too cold and rainy here and today it was in the mid-60s and sunshine. Well I have this large dwarf lilac bush that is pretty low to the ground....well you know the bees are buzzing.

Well Izzy went under the bush and she flew out of there so fast and then started to cry and limp. I checked her all over but couldn't find anything like a bee stuck to her. I flipped her over and checked all her paws but couldn't see anything. I put her back on the ground and she started to limp and cry again. So well off we go to the vets and he checked her all over just to make sure no swelling but he couldn't find the stinger. He told us that not all bees leave stingers and that all dogs react differently to stings. He gave her a shot of Benedryl and told us to watch her paw and if there is any swelling just to put her paw in a bowl of ice water.

Right now she is OK but a little sleepy but at least she isn't limping anymore.

Geez, what an afternoon. She had us so worried since she is so little we didn't know how she would react to a bee sting. I told her not to give me heart attacks anymore.

Oh and for future for any of us...the vet said it's a good thing to keep some Benedryl at home and the dosage is 1 mil per 1 pound of Yorkie.

Join today and remove this ad!